About the Family Center
How do we serve?
The Family Center, as a meeting place and a resource library, aims to be a comprehensive resource for the diverse needs of Central Kentucky families while creating a sustainable community. Today’s parents are both busier than ever before and burdened with a desire to be the best parent possible, while being overwhelmed by an increasing volume of information often from polarizing perspectives. Our goal is to create a healthy community with connections to local agencies, organizations and individuals utilizing the rich resources already available while equipping families with the ability to share with their neighbors and friends.
Our extensive and growing resources allow us to fulfill the diverse needs of Central Kentucky families. The Center is constantly working to establish community partnerships with other agencies, groups and persons serving our area and is becoming the clearinghouse of information and referrals for our area.
What motivates us?
- We love our community!
- Helping families thrive not just survive
- Serving all families with the utmost care and compassion
- Supporting both emotional and physical health
- Giving others the opportunity to participate in our work and benefit from the impact
- Holding space for families, especially with babies, toddlers and special needs during downtown events
- To bloom wherever we are planted